Coursework provides students with specialized knowledge in Economics and the necessary tools and background for economic analysis and frontier research.
During the first year, students receive a rigorous training in Mathematics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Econometrics. Three or four courses of 20 hours each are usually offered in each area. In the second year, students attend a selection of field courses and start working on their dissertation under the supervision of a Faculty member. The third year is entirely dedicated to research and completion of the thesis.
First-year coursework consists of Lectures (approximately six hours per week) and Tutorials (approximately two hours per week). Second-year coursework is concentrated in the Fall term and consists of Lectures (approximately six hours per week), essay-writing and students presentations.
To complement internal coursework, distinguished lecturers from other Italian or foreign Universities are invited to give series of seminars on specific topics.
Exchange-student agreements allow students to attend PhD courses at Bocconi University, the University of Varese and DEFAP (a joint program of the Catholic University of Milan and the University of Milano-Bicocca), and thus deepen their knowledge in their research fields.
Students have to enroll in courses by the 25th of the month prior to the start date, here: https://www.unimi.it/en/study/postgraduate-study/doctoral-research-phd-programmes/following-your-plan-study/phd-courses-catalogue
First Term - October 2023 - January 2024 - Timetable
- Static and Dynamic Optimization, Prof. Elena Molho and Prof. Daria Ghilli
- Theory of Production and Consumption Decisions, Prof. Marzio Galeotti
- General Equilibrium Theory , Prof. Enrico Minelli
- Experimental Economics , Prof Antonio Filippin
- Risk and Game Theory , Prof. Paolo Garella
- Contract Theory, Prof. Claudia Meroni
Second Term - January 2024 - March 2024- Timetable
- Econometrics , Prof.Andrea Bastianin
- Microeconometrics, Prof. Lorenzo Trapani
- Time Series Econometrics, Prof. Fabrizio Iacone
Third Term - April 2024 - June 2024 - Timetable