His short-term and fellow positions include Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei, the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) and University of York. His research interests are in time series econometrics, applied econometrics, energy and environmental economics. He taught Macroeconomics at LIUC University, Time Series Econometrics at University of Milan, Econometrics at Università Cattolica and University of Milan-Bicocca. Andrea Bastianin has a distinguished publication record in scientific economic journals.
- Bastianin, A. (2019). “Robust measures of skewness and kurtosis for macroeconomic and financial time series”, Applied Economics, forthcoming [DOI: 10.1080/00036846.2019.1640862].
- Bastianin, A., Galeotti, M., Polo, M. (2019). “Convergence of European natural gas prices”, Energy Economics, 81, 793-811 [DOI: 10.1016/j.eneco.2019.05.017].
- Bastianin, A. and Manera, M. (2018). “How does stock market volatility react to oil shocks?”, Macroeconomic Dynamics, 22(3), 666-682. [DOI: 10.1017/S1365100516000353]
- Bastianin, A., Lanza, A. and Manera, M. (2018). “Economic impacts of El Niño Southern Oscillation: evidence from the Colombian coffee market”, Agricultural Economics, 49(5), 623-633 [DOI: 10.1111/agec.12447].
- Bastianin, A., Castelnovo, P. and Florio M. (2018) “Evaluating regulatory reform of network industries: a survey of empirical models based on categorical proxies”, Utilities Policy, 55, 115-128 [DOI: 10.1016/j.jup.2018.09.012].