This section has been created to assist new PhD students in completing necessary procedures prior to and upon arrival. As you prepare for the academic year, we hope you find this section helpful.
The list of the admitted candidates for the 39 cycle is now online: https://studente.unimi.it/graduatorie/candidati/en/2024/R14/%20%20%20/1/R.html
Application for matriculation: from 25/09/2023 to 29/09/2023
Applicants admitted to the doctoral programme can enrol online using the SIFA enrolment services and following the instructions published on the University website.
Candidates are admitted conditionally and may be excluded from the programme if they are found not to meet the requirements.
Candidates holding a foreign qualification are required to upload the following documents when completing the online enrolment process:
• Original diploma (Master of Science or equivalent) with a translation into Italian, French, English, German or Spanish;
• Declaration of Value (Dichiarazione di Valore) issued by the Italian Embassy, or Diploma Supplement, or certificate of comparability issued by CIMEA, or other declaration of validity issued by ENIC_NARIC centres; • Italian tax ID;
• Valid residence permit (only for non-EU citizens).
For the enrolment to be finalised, the following documents must be uploaded on the Enrolment documents integration service no later than 28th November 2023:
• Universitaly pre-enrolment application receipt;
• Student visa (only for non-EU citizens residing abroad). The validity of foreign qualifications is verified upon submission of the official documents.
Until then, candidates are admitted to the programme conditionally, and may be excluded from the ranking if they are found not to meet the requirements
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
Before you arrive
The University of Milan and the University of Pavia will cooperate with incoming students to arrange for the appropriate documentation. Some documents are essential for staying in Italy.
Documents must be requested in the order listed below, as the ones that come before are necessary to get the ones that follow
- Italian fiscal code
- National Health Service insurance
- Residence permit for non-EU citizens
Once in Pavia or in Milan you must find a place to live; you can find a room in one of the University Colleges or dorms or rent a room or a flat with your friends.
- For Milan please visit this page https://www.unimi.it/en/study/financial-support/accommodation