His short-term and visiting positions include MIT, Georgetown University and Berkeley. His research interests are in labor economics and education economics with a special focus on earnings inequality and earnings instability (during the lifetime), unemployment and labor market reforms. Marco Leonardi has a distinguished publication record in scientific economic journals such as American Economic Journal, Economic Policy and Economic Journal. He is coeditor of the textbook in labor market economics “Manuale di Economia del Lavoro” edited by Il Mulino in 2015.
- Leonardi, M., “Job Mobility and Earnings Instability”, Economic Inquiry, 55(1): 206-280, 2016.
- Cappellari, L. and M. Leonardi, “Earnings Instability and Tenure”, Scandinavian Journal of Economics, 118(2): 202-234, 2016.
- Cingano, F., J. Messina, G. Pica and M. Leonardi, “Employment Protection Legislation, Capital Investment and Access to Credit: Evidence from Italy”, Economic Journal, 126(595): 1798–1822, 2016.
- Leonardi, M., “The Effect of Product Demand on Inequality: Evidence from the U.S. and the U.K.”, American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, 7(3): 221-247, 2015.
- Checchi, D., C.V. Fiorio and M. Leonardi, “Parents’ Risk Aversion and Children’s Educational Attainment”, Labor Economics, 30: 164-175, 2014.