Her main research interests are in regional economics, innovation and development, clusters and small enterprises, multinationals and Global Value Chains. She authored more than 45 articles in peer-reviewed journals and several books, which were published by Harvard University Press, Edward Elgar, Palgrave and Routledge, among others. Rabellotti has provided academic advice to the European Commission, the IADB, OECD; UNIDO; UN-CEPAL, UNCTAD and various national and regional governments on supporting development and innovation in developing countries, with a special focus on Latin America and China.
- Amendolagine, V., A. Presbitero, R. Rabellotti and M. Sanfilippo, “Local Sourcing in Developing Countries: The role of foreign direct investments and global value chains”, World Development, 113: 73-88, 2019.
- Amendolagine, V., E. Giuliani, A. Martinelli and R. Rabellotti, Chinese and Indian MNEs shopping spree in advanced countries. How good is for their innovative output?, Journal of Economic Geography, 18(5): 1149-1176, 2019.
- Lema, R., R. Rabellotti and P.G. Sampath, Innovation Trajectories in Developing Countries: Co-evolution of Global Value Chains and Innovation Systems. The European Journal of Development Research, 30(3): 345-363, 2018.
- Morrison, A. and R. Rabellotti, Gradual Catch Up and Enduring Leadership in the Global Wine Industry, Research Policy, 46(2): 417-30, 2017
- Giuliani, E., A. Martinelli and R. Rabellotti, “Is Co-Invention Expediting Technological Catch Up? A Study of Collaboration between Emerging Country Firms and EU inventors”, World Development, 77, 16: 192-205, 2016.