His short-term and visiting positions include: University College London, CORE (Belgium), Department of Applied Economics (Cambridge University UK), the Oxford Institute of Energy Studies (UK), CERNA at Ecole des Mines de Paris, Université de Lyon III. Contract professor at: Free University of Bozen, Università Bocconi, Università Cattolica di Milano, LIUC (Castellanza). He has served as an advisor in various private and public institutions, including Autorità per l’energia elettrica e il gas, ENEL Corporate University, CIRIEC (Belgium), Gaz de France (Paris). In the past he has carried out research projects with FEEM, Fondazione ENI Enrico Mattei (Milano), Centro Studi CONFINDUSTRIA, (Roma), CEPS (Center for European Policy Studies), Bruxelles. His research interests are in public economics, industrial organization and energy economics, with a special focus on regulatory economics. He has various publications both in national and international journals.
- Cavaliere, A., M. Maggi and F. Stroffolini, “Water Losses and Optimal Network Investment: Price Regulation Effects with Municipalization and Privatization”, Water Resources and Economics, in press, 2017.
- Cavaliere, A., M. Maggi and F. Stroffolini, “Investment-Driven Mixed Firms: Partial Privatization by Local Governments”, International Tax and Public Finance, 24 (3): 459–483, 2017.
- Cavaliere, A., V. Giust and M. Maggi, “Efficient Mechanism for Access to Storage with Imperfect Competition in Gas Markets”, Energy Economics, 36: 481-490, 2013.
- Cavaliere, A., “The Regulation of Access to Gas Storage”, in Creti A. (Editor), The Economics of Gas Storage, Springer, Berlin, 55-84, 2009.
- Cavaliere, A. and S. Scabrosetti, “Privatization and Efficiency: from Principals and Agents to Political Economy”, Journal of Economic Surveys, 22 (4): 685-710, 2008.