He has taught at the Universities of Bethlehem, Bocconi (Milan), Bozen, IMT (Lucca), LIUC (Castellanza), Milan, Turin, Politecnico di Milano, San Buenaventura (Cartagena de Indias). Visiting Scholar at the Université Robert Schuman (Strasbourg). He coordinated the Ph.D. Program in Economics at Pavia University (2003-2011). At present his main research interests concern the microeconomic theory of demand systems, monopolistic competition, trade and regulation issues. His work got financial support by several Universities, by the Italian Department of University and Research (MIUR) and by the Italian National Research Council (CNR). He has published in the Economic Journal, Journal of Economic Theory, Journal of Industrial Economics, Journal of International Economics, Journal of Mathematical Economics, Rand Journal of Economics.
- Bertoletti, P., F. Etro and I. Simonovka, “International Trade with Indirect Additivity”, American Journal of Economics: Microeconomics, forthcoming.
- Bertoletti, P. and F. Etro, “Monopolistic Competition when Income Matters”, Economic Journal, forthcoming.
- Bertoletti, P. and F. Etro, “Preferences, Entry and Market Structure”, Rand Journal of Economics, 47: 792-821, 2016.
- Bertoletti, P. and P. Epifani, “Monopolistic Competition: CES Redux?”, Journal of International Economics, 93(2): 227-238, 2014.
- Bertoletti, P. and P. von Mouche, “Inferior Factor in Cournot Oligopoly Revisited”, Journal of Economics, 112: 85-90, 2014.