He has been the Director of the Ph.D. in Economics of L.A.S.E.R. (Universities of Milan, Pavia, Brescia, and Bergamo) from 2012 to 2015. He has been Associate Professor at Paris-9 (Dauphine), Professor of Economics at UQAM (Montréal), and at University of Bologna. His short term positions include the European University Institute in Firenze, and the University of Alicante. His research interests are in Industrial Organization, Regulation, and Economics of Information. Paolo Garella has a distinguished publication record in scientific economic journals such as The Rand Journal of Economics, The Journal of Finance, International Journal of Industrial Organization, Journal of Economics and Management Strategy.
- Barry, I., O. Bonroy and Garella P.G., “Eco-Labeling by a For-Profit Certifier: Countervailing Power and Its Consequences”, Canadian Journal of Economics, forthcoming 2017.
- Fluet, C.D. and P.G. Garella, “Debt Restructuring with Multiple Lenders: Relying on the Information of Others”, Economica, 81(324): 698-720, 2014.
- Garella, P.G. and L. Lambertini, “Bidimensional Vertical Differentiation”, International Journal of Industrial Organization, 32: 1-10, 2014.
- Garella, P.G., “Monopoly Incentives for Cost Reducing R&D”, Economics Letters, 117: 21-24, 2012.
- Bacchiega, E. and P.G. Garella, “Technology Inertia and the Benefits of Entry”, Berkeley Electronic Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy (Contributions), 12(1): article 9, 2012.