He is Research Fellow at the Center for Research on Energy and Environmental Economics and Policy (IEFE) at Bocconi University and a Visiting Fellow at King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and Research Center (KAPSARC) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Founder and first President of the Italian Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (IAERE), he is a member of the editorial board of lavoce.info, a member of the scientific committees of Politica economica - Journal of Economic Policy, of Centro per un Futuro Sostenibile, and of Fondazione Lombardia Ambiente. He is also a member and chairman of the Sustainability Committee of Eurizon Capital SGR. His research interests cover Environment and Growth, Energy Modeling, Energy Sources, Economics of Climate Change, Green Growth, Investment, Productivity, Factor Demands, Innovation and Technological Change, Production Theory. He has published extensively in scholarly journals and actively participates to the policy debate through media interviews, comments and articles in newspapers and magazines and speeches and presentations in non-academic public events.
- Bastianin, A., M. Galeotti and M. Manera, “Ethanol and Field Crops: Is There a Price Connection?”, Food Policy, 63: 53-61, 2016.
- Galeotti, M., Y. Rubashkina and E. Verdolini, “Environmental Regulation and Competitiveness: Empirical Evidence on the Porter Hypothesis from European Manufacturing Sectors”, Energy Policy, 83: 288–300, 2015.
- Bastianin, A., M. Galeotti and M. Manera, “Forecasting the Oil-Gasoline Price Relationship: Do Asymmetries Help?”, Energy Economics, 46(1): S44–S56, 2014.
- Anderson, B., E. Borgonovo, M. Galeotti and R. Roson, “Uncertainty in Integrated Assessment Modelling: Can Global Sensitivity Analysis Be of Help?”, Risk Analysis, 34(2):271-293, 2014.
- Bastianin, A., M. Galeotti and M. Manera, “Causality and Predictability in Distribution: The Ethanol-Food Price Relation Revisited”, Energy Economics, 42: 152-160, 2014.