He is a fellow of the CESifo Research Network and an affiliate member of the Uppsala Center for Fiscal Studies. His research interests are in the area of public economics with a special emphasis on fiscal federalism, optimal taxation and the efficient design of redistributive policies. Luca Micheletto has a distinguished publication record in scientific economic journals.
- Blomquist, S., V. Christiansen and L. Micheletto, “Public provision of private goods, self-selection and income tax avoidance”, Scandinavian Journal of Economics, 118(4): 666–692, 2016.
- Bastani, S., T. Blumkin and L. Micheletto, “Optimal wage redistribution in the presence of adverse selection in the labor market”, Journal of Public Economics, 131: 41-57, 2015.
- Casarico, A., L. Micheletto and A. Sommacal, “Intergenerational transmission of skills during childhood and optimal fiscal policy”, Journal of Population Economics, 28(2): 353-372, 2015.
- Aronsson, T., T. Sjögren and L. Micheletto, “A note on public goods in a decentralized fiscal union: Implications of a participation constraint”, Journal of Urban Economics, 84: 1-8, 2014.
- Gahvari, F. and L. Micheletto, “The Friedman rule in an overlapping-generations model with nonlinear taxation and income misreporting”, Journal of Public Economics, 119: 10-23, 2014.