She is member of the expert network of the Boston Consortium for Arab Region Studies. Her visiting positions include the Institute for the Study of Muslim Societies & Civilizations at Boston University and EIEF in Rome. Her research interests are in the fields of international economics, industrial organization, and energy economics. She is currently focussing on the role of culture, norms and institutions in shaping economic behaviour. She collaborated to research projects of the European Parliament and the European Commission.
- Nicolini, M., C. Scarpa and P. Valbonesi, “Determinants of state aid to firms: The case of the European car industry”, Industrial and Corporate Change, forthcoming 2017.
- Alderighi, M., M. Nicolini and C. Piga, “The magic of revenue management in cost leadership strategies: Segmenting with unsegmented pricing”, Tourism Management 54: 502-512, 2016.
- Manera, M., M. Nicolini and I. Vignati, “Modelling futures price volatility in energy markets: Is there a role for financial speculation?” Energy Economics, 53: 220-229, 2016.
- Alderighi, M., M. Nicolini and C. Piga, “Combined effects of capacity and booking time on fares: Insights from the yield management of a low-cost airline”, The Review of Economics and Statistics, 97(4): 900-915, 2015.
- Mariotti, S., M. Mutinelli, M. Nicolini and L. Piscitello, “Productivity spillovers from foreign MNEs to domestic manufacturing firms: To what extent does spatial proximity matter?”, Regional Studies, 49(10): 1639-1653, 2015.