Before joining the University of Pavia, Carolina worked as quantitative analyst at Fideuram SGR in Milan, where she developed the risk model for the bond market and the corporate market, and worked on a number of financial issues. Carolina has expertise in applying econometrics to economic and business matters. Her main current research focus is on estimation and inference in heterogeneous panels with a multifactor error structure. She has also worked on the determinants of credit spreads and CDS in the framework of the credit risk structural approach, on disentangling the source of productivity growth across several sectors and on labour issues such as the decomposition of the gender wage gap.
- Castagnetti, C., E. Rossi and L. Trapani, “Inference on Factor Structures in Heterogeneous Panels”, Journal of Econometrics, 184(1): 145-157, 2015.
- Bottasso, A., C. Castagnetti and M. Conti, “R&D, Innovation and Knowledge Spillovers: A Reappraisal of Bottazzi and Peri (2007) in the Presence of Cross Sectional Dependence”, Journal of Applied Econometrics, 30(2): 350-352, 2015.
- Castagnetti, C. and L. Rosti, “Unfair Tournaments: Gender Stereotyping and Wage Discrimination Among Italian Graduates”, Gender & Society, 27(5): 630-658, 2013
- Bottasso, A., C. Castagnetti and M. Conti, “And Yet they Co-Move! Public Capital and Productivity in the OECD”, Journal of Policy Modeling, 35(5): 713-729, 2013.
- Castagnetti, C. and E. Rossi, “Euro Corporate Bond Risk Factors”, Journal of Applied Econometrics, 28(3): 372-391, 2013.