Coursework provides students with specialized knowledge in Economics and the necessary tools and background for economic analysis and frontier research.
During the first year, students receive a rigorous training in Mathematics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Econometrics. Three or four courses of 20 hours each are usually offered in each area. In the second year, students attend a selection of field courses and start working on their dissertation under the supervision of a Faculty member. The third year is entirely dedicated to research and completion of the thesis.
First-year coursework consists of Lectures (approximately six hours per week) and Tutorials (approximately two hours per week). Second-year coursework is concentrated in the Fall term and consists of Lectures (approximately six hours per week), essay-writing and students presentations.
To complement internal coursework, distinguished lecturers from other Italian or foreign Universities are invited to give series of seminars on specific topics.
Exchange-student agreements allow students to attend PhD courses at Bocconi University, the University of Varese and DEFAP (a joint program of the Catholic University of Milan and the University of Milano-Bicocca), and thus deepen their knowledge in their research fields.
First Term - October 2017 - January 2018 - Timetable
- Static and Dynamic Optimization, Prof. Elena Molho and Prof. Elisa Caprari
- Theory of Production and Consumption Decisions, Prof. Marzio Galeotti
- General Equilibrium Theory, Prof. Franco Donzelli
- Risk and Game Theory, Prof. Paolo Garella
- Contract Theory, Prof. Paolo Garella
Second Term - January 2018 - March 2019 - Timetable
- Econometrics, Prof. Matteo Manera, DEFAP
- Microeconometrics, Prof. Maria Luisa Mancusi, DEFAP
- Time Series Econometrics, Prof. Emanuele Bacchiocchi
Third Term - April 2018 - June 2018 - Timetable
- Economics of the Welfare State, Prof. Michele Santoni
- Theory of Economic Fluctuations, Prof. Alessandro Missale
- Dynamic General Equilibrium Models, Prof. Alessandro Flamini